RxSmile is honored to be featured recently on such a prestigious list by the Plano Mom’s blog community. Our team works hard everyday to create a great patient experience and great orthodontic results!!
Do you need Recommendations for your Kids to get their Teeth straightened?
Many people will only have to see a general dentist in their lifetime, but for some, they may also need to see an orthodontist. While many people believe that orthodontics is just a cosmetic thing this is not the case. Orthodontists are your best friend if you or someone in your family have an overbite, underbite or if there are teeth that need to be realigned to fix crowding or spacing in the mouth.
All these issues can lead to issues such as: difficulty in eating or chewing; problems with speech; gum disease and/or tooth decay.
Choosing the right orthodontist for you and your family can be hard and stressful, but if you are successful, it will be a more comfortable and better experience for the whole family, that’s why we suggest getting some vital information before deciding whom to trust with your health and, oh yes, your smile.
Here are a few questions to ask your potential orthodontist to help you decide:
- From which accredited Dental School did you graduate and where did you complete your Orthodontic Residency Program?
- Are you a board-certified orthodontic specialist?
- Do you personally do all of the work on your patients (bend the wires, attach brackets, etc.) or other associates will complete the task? If so, what is their level of expertise?
- What are your office hours?
- How many times do we need to visit the orthodontist’s office?
- How long will the treatment take?
- Are there any restrictions on activities or food during treatment?
- What happens if the dental appliance breaks or gets lost?
- What’s the cost?
Well… for most, this is the bottom line when it comes to orthodontic treatment.
- Do you accept most of the insurances?
This is critical since insurance coverage can change or your employer decides to go with a different insurance plan, or maybe you decide to change plans yourself. Ask your dental insurance what is covered and then you’ll need to make sure your orthodontist accepts that particular insurance.
- What financial options are available?
Also, it is important to look at your FSA and HSA options as many will allow the use of funds for orthodontics for *MEDICAL NECESSARY* reasons
- What should be expected as far as post-treatment follow up?
- Do you provide patient references?
Are you looking for an Orthodontist around North Dallas?
RxSmile is one of our favorites!
Dr. Greenberg began practicing orthodontics since 1988 and has spent his entire career caring for two generations of families in the Frisco, Plano, Little Elm, The Colony, and the North Dallas metropolitan area. Dr. Greenberg and his team have received both consumer and peer recognition in the form of numerous awards – “Best of Frisco in Patient Satisfaction,” D magazine “Best Dentists”, “Mom Approved” Orthodontist and Texas Monthly TOP Doctors! He is a leading innovator in advanced orthodontic technologies, using Invisalign® clear aligners and is a certified Pitts21™ self-ligating braces doctor. The team at RxSmile strives to educate and assist patients in making informed decisions about oral health needs while creating a warm, friendly, fun atmosphere.